Monday, June 25, 2007

I am sorry, for you

She lowered herself to her knees before him. She kept her eyes lowered, the same as her voice. "Pleace give me a chance to show you how sorry I am."

There was a hint of a smile in her voice. He wondered how sorry she was. He started to stand. "That won't be necessary pet." He sat back down and with a finger under her chin and raised her gaze to meet his. "It was a misunderstanding yes?"

"Well, yes. But I should - I want to ..." Flustered and red faces, she dropped her head again. "Please."

He grabbed her ponytail and pulled her face up to look up at him. All the softness had gone out of his face, his voice was firm as he spoke. "Who is in charge of your punishment?"

"You." She avoided his eyes.

"Look at me then."

She swallowed and tensed as he turned her eyes toward him. "Yes sir." Her body shook, wanting to cower. Mentally she repeated You are not in charge. Someday, she would remember this.

"Are you sorry you asked?"

"She looked at him. The right answer was yes. "No. I thought I was right."

"I didn't think you were. I appreciate your honesty. I am going to make you sorry."

She furrowed her brow. Was it a test? He was going to make her sorry for being sorry. She was confused. Again.

She realized that he was waiting for her. She hoped he hadn't asked her any questions. "Yes. Sir. Thank you."

No comments: